Friday, November 22, 2013

The Imposter Club Holds its First Annual Meeting and No One Shows Up

Have you heard the expression, "fake it till you make it"? Of course you have. You probably have used it, we all have. Do you know what it means? It means that people have no god damn clue what they are doing and are hoping that they can convince someone that they are qualified to do something that someone else is most likely more qualified to do but might not be as intense at promoting themselves via social media.

Politicians use this one a lot.

Also, bloggers.

There are some skateboarders who do this too, but I don't write about skateboarding.

I'll give you a hint though, they wear silly outfits.

But back to my main reason for writing this in the first place.

I am a grouchy person.

It's not my fault really. It's not even the fault of all of the people who have jobs that they are not good at and try to hold back the people who actually are.

I think it's the fault of, ummm, foreigners.

Yeah, foreigners are all,  "we have a better education" and "our population is more savvy when it comes to world events" and other bullshit.

I'm not saying that I hate foreigners, but America is the GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD. Where else can you eat fake chicken that is marketed as plump, juicy, ripe from driving around on the highway for three weeks until they are all soft and brain dead?

Mmm, chicken.

Anyway, yeah, don't use that expression. Maybe instead say something like, "I hope I can gain the requisite skills to gain an entry level position and work hard while gaining a deeper understanding of the thing I want to do without neglecting the more important things in life like friendships and cultivating a personality that appreciates other people and personal growth and stuff."

Or something like that.





No comments:

Post a Comment