Thursday, July 11, 2013

Flight of the Dumb Dork

Because of my firm dedication to the truth, I realize that I can not only talk about things that I hate because they suck. I also need to talk about the good things in this world. Now we know that words such as goodness and truth only hold the substance that we attribute to them. That means that I can simply say that I find hating things to be good and true. That would be the easy way out, and I am all for taking the easy way out.

But, I do like some things so, even though it is boring to talk about things that you like, I'll try and make it interesting.

Pizza. Duh. It would naturally follow, people who serve me pizza.

Ok, so obviously there are a crap load of things that everyone likes, like pizza and orgasms. I'm going to try and skip those.

So how about things that I like that aren't one of those obvious things that everyone likes.

Shit.

No, not shit. Well, I like a good shit. But, everyone does, so, still obvious.

I am having a hard time with this one. I guess I'm just a simple guy.

When I was around 15, I was trying to catch a bus so I rode my skateboard across a very busy intersection without looking. Then a car ran me over. Fortunately I did not get hurt. But, my board got ran over. The guy got out of his car and looked very upset. I said, "my board is broken" (it was a BBC, Bad Boy Club skateboard) hoping he would give me money. He did not appear to be reaching for his wallet. I saw the bus about to drive off, so I ran toward it and jumped in.

The other time I got hit by a car I was 13. I did not run a red light like I did when I was 15. However, a man with his family in his station wagon ran a stop sign and I flew over the hood of his car. I did not get hurt this time either. I remember his wife looking back at me and shaking his shoulder. It reminded me of something out of a movie.

I like those memories. Although I hope to not repeat them.




2 comments:

  1. I don't think that you like ALL people who serve you pizza...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're right. I should work on that one.

    ReplyDelete